As mentioned in previous posts, Dethek has no punctuation and a strange numeric system, so please visit the Dethek wiki page to better understand the usage.
This image shows all the characters that are available in this font.
The alphabet is pretty straightforward.
- Capitals have an accent over them
- W, X and Z are the same character.
- N and O have alternate letters as official sources contradict each other.
- You choose which versions you prefer.
The Dethek number sytem works similarly to Roman Numerals, but only goes up to 1099.
- Numbers are more literal, so...
- 7 is written as 5 1 1
- 12 is written as 10 1 1
- 134 is written as 100 10 10 10 1 1 1 1
- A clear explanation can be found here, on the Dethek wiki page.
- This font uses 7 characters to create Dethek numbers
- 1 represent 1
- 5 represents 5
- 0 represents 10
- - is used to link numbers
- + represents 100
- = can be added before a + to make 1000
- | represents 1 if attached to a 10
These pictures should start you off...
These are used to represent the different races in the Forgotten Realms.
- ! represents Orc
- " represents Elf
- £ represents Dwarf
- $ represents Human
- % represents Gnome
- ^ represents Halfling
- & represents Goblin
- * represents Dragon
These symbols are usually found on signposts or carved into the ground.
- : represents Danger, beware
- ; represents Safe trail, safe road
- @ represents Safe drinking water
- # represents Bad water
- ~ represents Safe place, safe shelter
ALL FEEDBACK POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE APPRECIATED